- You will need to submit a digital photo to apply for a Dublin Port Access Control Card
- Photo Guidelines can be found at dublinport.ie/photo-guidelines
To apply online with a digital ID photograph:
- Use a device like a smartphone, iPad, digital camera or computer.
- You’ll need someone to help you take the photo.
- Selfies or “photos of photos” are not permitted.
- Do not use the zoom function on a digital camera or smartphone.
- Your photo must have been taken within the last 12 months.
- Remove any headwear unless worn for religious reasons.
- Stand in front of a completely plain, light grey, white or cream background.
- Make sure the lighting and colour in your photograph is balanced.
- Take the photo in a well-lit area with natural light.
- Make sure your facial features are clearly visible.
- You can wear glasses in the photo.
- Make sure your expression is neutral, you are not smiling and your mouth is closed.
- Capture your image from head to mid torso, positioning the head in the centre of the photo.
The photo must be:
- In colour.
- Digital enhancements or changes to the photo are not allowed.
- Not be larger than 9 megabytes (9MB).
- Not be less than 715 pixels wide and 951 pixels in height.
- In the original JPEG format (not compressed).
The quality of your uploaded photo will be checked to make sure it meets the above guidelines. Your photo will be reduced to the correct size to fit your access control card.