Dublin Port’s Masterplan Requires Resourceful People
Dublin Port Company is a State-owned commercial company responsible for operating and developing Dublin Port. Dublin Port is the largest freight and passenger port in Ireland with all cargo handling activities being carried out by private sector companies operating in intensely competitive markets within the Port. Dublin Port handles almost 50% of all trade in the Republic of Ireland. Located in the heart of Dublin City and at the hub of the national road and rail network, Dublin Port is a key strategic access point for Ireland and in particular the Dublin area.
A key element of the success of Dublin Port Company is the commitment and experience of the Company’s workforce. The contribution of Dublin Port Company’s employees to the day-to-day running of the company continues to ensure that this organisation and natural resource plays a hugely positive role in the life of the city and the State’s economy.
Dublin Port is being developed according to Masterplan 2040. This strategic framework gives certainty and clarity about the development of Dublin Port and involves complex construction projects to provide essential port capacity for the future. It also commits Dublin Port to reintegrating the Port with the City.
Achieving the Masterplan objectives requires skilled, dedicated and motivated staff.
We will update this page with any open vacancies and details of how to apply for these positions. Please note for privacy purposes we only accept applications in response to advertised vacancies. We cannot accept or acknowledge unsolicited applications or CV’s.
EHS Specialist – Engineering Services
The Engineering Function within DPC provides operational engineering support to all critical assets, which include oil and gas infrastructure; firefighting systems; ro-ro ramps; marine vessels; navigational aids; utilities and other such infrastructure throughout the Port estate. The Engineering team is made up of a diverse range of craft and general workers that support the day-to-day work of the function.
The Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist – Engineering Services will be responsible for all EHS compliance related administrative and operational duties for Engineering Services, as directed by the Head of Engineering & Sustainability.
- EHS Support & Compliance
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Contractor Management
Qualifications, experience and required skills:
- Third Level qualification in Health & Safety, Science or Engineering with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated EHS experience in an industrial environment.
- Understating of European and National H&S legislation
- Proficient in English, equivalent to first language standard
- High level of computer proficiency
- Full Irish Drivers Licence
An Advantage but not Essential:
- Formal Health & Safety Qualification
- Emergency management training, preferably oil and gas related
- Understanding of relevant management systems e.g. ISO 45001, 14001 etc.
- Working knowledge of contractor management systems
- Understanding of Explosion Protection & Hazardous Area Classification
- Maritime/Oil & Gas industry experience
- Experience of HAZOP/HAZAN processes
Closing Date: 29th February 2024
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to Human Resources: email@example.com
Dublin Port Company is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please note for privacy purposes we only accept applications in response to advertised vacancies. We will not accept or acknowledge unsolicited applications or CV’s.