Dublin Port Company – Website Privacy Notice
Dublin Port Company is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
Visitors are advised that each time they visit a Website, two general levels of information about their visit can be retained. The first level comprises statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site. The second is information which is personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about
- the number of people who visit this Website
- the number of people who return to this site
- the pages that they visit
- where they were before they came to this site
- the page in the site at which they exited.
This information helps us monitor traffic on our Website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
Through this Website you may have an opportunity to send us information, such as through the “contact” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, provide feedback, etc. By choosing to participate in these, you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you. This information will only be used by this site for:
- the purposes for which it was provided by you;
- verification purposes and statistical analysis; and
- administration purposes.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information: information that is associated with your name or personal identity. This Website does not collect any personal data about you apart from information which you volunteer (for example, by emailing us, or contacting us). Any information which you provide in this way is not made available to any third parties, and is used by this site only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
The website collects:
Behaviour and usage information; in the form of Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics.
The following entities have access to this Google and Facebook respectively and Idea Ltd.
Personally identifiable information; is collected on the following areas:
Access Control Card Application:
Name, Address, Email, Contact Number, Company, Status e.g. Port Worker, Haulier etc., Vehicle Registration Details, Area of Access Required, Dublin Port Pass Induction completed, plus date induction was completed, a digital identification photo.
An applicants Passport or Drivers Licence number details will also be recorded on collection of an access control card.
Applications for access to: No. 1 Branch Road South / No. 2 Branch Road South / the South Port Common User area are sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dublin Port Company has a legal obligation to enforce this procedure under the Ship & Port Facility regulations 2004 & EC Regulation 725, 2004
- Upon submission of this application form you have given your consent for your information to be held by DPC for the purpose of processing your application for an access control card to: No. 1 Branch Road South / No. 2 Branch Road South / the South Port Common User area.
- This information & the information generated from the operation of the access control card will be collected and also held on file in the DPC Security Information system, for the duration that you continue to require access to: No. 1 Branch Road South / No. 2 Branch Road South / the South Port Common User area.
- You have the right to request access to this data, & rectification of data where appropriate, by contacting Dublin Port Safe Pass at email@example.com or DPC Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for access to: No. 3 Branch Road South and No. 4 Branch Road South – DSG Container Terminal are sent by email to: Doyle Shipping Group email@example.com
Car Park Booking: Name, Email, Cruise, Comment
This is sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts Page: Collects Name, Phone, Email and Enquiry
This is sent by email to email@example.com and there is a database which Idea could get access to if you instructed us to.
Collection and use of non-personal information
Non-personal information: data collected for statistical purposes which is not associated with a specific identity. This site collects and analyses technical information in order to evaluate our Website. The type of technical information we log is confined to the following:
- The IP address*1 of the visitor’s Web server
- The top-level domain-name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The pages visited on the this site Website, i.e. URL’s*2 visited
- The previous Website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this Website (for example, pages accessed)
*1 An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
*2 A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South, Dublin 2.