30 April 2015
“Working Waterfront” a city-port mix in progress
The worldwide network of Port Cities, AIVP, annual conference, Dublin 2015
Dublin Port Company and Dublin City Council are jointly hosting the AIVP annual conference from May 28th – May 30th. The conference theme is on the “Working Waterfront” – a city-port mix in progress. Full details of the conference are available at www.aivp.org/dublin/en/
AIVP, the world network of Port Cities, is the only international organisation that, for 25 years, has been bringing together all the public and private development stakeholders in port cities. AIVP has had the privilege of bearing witness to the changes underway in cities and ports the world over; we have accompanied our members in the implementation of new strategies that allow them to more effectively face up to the changes that impact economic, social and environmental development in port cities: urban-port integration, global reorganisation of economic routes, the challenge of societal integration, the climate change, the energy transition, the development of the cruise industry, etc.
AIVP consists of:
- elected representatives of cities and other local maritime and river organisations,
- port administrations and national authorities, urban and port operators,
- businesses established in port cities,
- service providers for port-city projects, architects, landscape architects and urban planners,
- universities and research institutes.