Dublin Port is centrally located, only minutes from Dublin city centre. Buses and taxis provide a regular service from the port to the city and beyond. The Luas Red Line stop at The Point is located opposite the entrance to Dublin Port on East Wall Road.
Dublin Port is situated 2.7km from the centre of Ireland’s vibrant capital city, and is positioned at the heart of Ireland’s road and rail network. Dublin Tunnel is situated on the perimeter of the Port estate & provides quick access to the M50 & M1 motorways, the main routes to the North and South of the country. Dublin Tunnel is operated by Transport Infrastructure Ireland, to view toll information click HERE
Dublin Bus Service
Express Bus Transfer
- The fare is €3 for an Adult and €1.50 for a Child. Adult return is €5 and child return is €2.50, payable on board.
- Outbound services: Operate from the Mortons Bus Stop located on Westmoreland Street daily at 07:00hrs, 13.30hrs & 19:00hrs. This is the only outbound pick up location to Terminal 1, Irish Ferries.
- Inbound services: A Mortons bus services all of Terminal 1, Irish Ferries ship arrivals with drop off points at Connolly & Westmoreland Street.
Driving time from Westmoreland Street to Dublin Port, Terminal 1 takes about 15 minutes (5.6km) in normal traffic conditions.
The Luas Red Line stop at The Point operates 7 days a week and is located opposite the entrance to Dublin Port on East Wall Road. Take the Luas to The Point and the entrance to the Dublin Port estate is a 7 minute walk (550m).
Walking times from the Luas Red Line stop at the Point to Dublin Port’s passenger terminals varies:
- TERMINAL 1 – IRISH FERRIES – 46 min walk (3.7km)
- TERMINAL 2 – STENA LINE – 39 min walk (3.2km)
- TERMINAL 3 – P&O FERRIES – 9 min walk (750m)
- TERMINAL 5 – SEATRUCK FERRIES – 37 min walk (3.0km)
- TERMINAL 7 – CELEBRITY ECLIPSE CRUISES – 23 min walk (1.8km)
The Luas operates every 4 – 12 minutes during Peak times and 10 – 15 minutes Off Peak. View timings and stops HERE
There are a number of Passenger Terminals in Dublin Port:
Car Parking is available at Terminal 1 and Terminal 2:
- Short Term parking is available on a pay & display basis with a charge of €2.00 per hour and a minimum charge of €1.00.
- Long Term parking rates are €9.00 per day or part thereof and €50.00 per week (seven days).