2016 Maintenance Dredge Campaign

Maintenance dredging is routinely carried out in Dublin Port Company (DPC) in order to maintain an appropriate safe depth of water for the navigation of ships accessing the port or for operational purposes. DPC regularly monitors its navigation channels and berths to ensure that the designated safe depths and under keel clearances are available for safe movement of all vessels. When depths begin to decrease a maintenance dredging program is planned and implemented under licence. 

View Note on Why Maintenance Dredging is Necessary

Marine Mammal Monitoring Report from Maintenance Dredging Campaign of 2016

Maintenance Dredge Report 2016

View Maintenance Dredging Campaign 2016 Pre-commencement Notifications

View Dumping at Sea Permit S0004-01

2017 Capital Dredge Campaign

Dublin Port Company (DPC) was granted a Dumping at Sea Permit (S0024-01) by the EPA on 13th September 2016 for the loading and dumping at sea of dredged material arising from capital dredging as part of the Alexandra Basin Redevelopment (ABR) Project.

The permit sets out in detail the conditions under which DPC will carry out loading and dumping at sea.


View Note Why Capital Dredging is Necessary

View Dumping at Sea Permit S0024-01

View Irish Whale and Dolphin Group Monitoring in Dublin Port Video

The IWDG began an historic acoustic monitoring survey in UNESCO designated Dublin Bay Biosphere as 2016 came to a close. It is part of the Alexandra Basin Redevelopment Project marine mammal mitigation plan. This short film captures the deployment of high-tech underwater listening devices which will help scientists understand any impact on porpoise living in the Bay area.



Contacting DPC

If you have any concerns, or complaints, with respect to the Maintenance Dredging Campaign 2016, direct contact can be made with DPC by phoning the following number during normal business hours

Phone 01 8876000 and ask for Charlie Murphy or in his absence Eamon McElroy

DPC will undertake to make every effort to address your concerns.

Alternatively, you may wish to make direct contact with the Office of Environmental Enforcement, EPA.