#MyPortPerspective – Competition Rules
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these rules. The “Competition Time” details on social media content and competition posters are part of the competition rules.
- To enter: Entrants must “Snap” their favourite perspective of Dublin City Port, Bay & River, “Upload” their digital photograph entries to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and “Tag” using #MyPortPerspective to officially enter the competition.
- Entry into the Competition is open to all people over the age of 18 years, who are residents in Ireland. Individuals employed by Dublin Port Company (“Sponsor”), Facebook, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and judges and members of their immediate family (parent, child, spouse, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win.
- The competition celebrates Dublin City Port, Bay & River in all its forms: industrial, leisure, nature, wild, urban, or domestic. A digital photo must feature one of these aspects photographed in its local setting.
- All photos must be digital, of local origin and taken less than one year previously to the competition closing date. For the purposes of this Competition, “local” means photos taken in the city of Dublin.
- All entries uploaded to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with #MyPortPerspective are eligible for the “competition winner” and “runner up” prizes.
- The Competition entry period is 14:00hrs on 19th July 2017 to 23:59hrs on 20th of August 2017.
- The public vote for finalists opens at 14.00hrs on 28th August 2017 and closes on 3rd September 2017 at 23.59hrs
- Adjustment of colour, saturation and other corrections are permitted, as are effects such as black and white. Cropping of any degree is allowed. However, the intention is to present the image as it was photographed in Dublin City Port, Bay & River. The integrity of the original subject must be maintained. An Entry must not be created from more than one original photo and elements must not be moved.
- All Entries must be taken in a safe and lawful location.
- The judges will judge the entries in their absolute discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. The judges will select a list of finalists; the list of finalists’ photographs will feature on dublinport.ie/myportperspective and will go to a public vote. If a large volume of photos is entered, the Organiser reserves the right to preselect at its absolute discretion 20 or more photos eligible for shortlisting by the Judges. The Organiser reserves the right not to award a prize if insufficient photos are received.
Winner: A Canon EOS M10 camera. A ScanDisk Elite 32GB UHS Card. A voucher card for a Canon Digital SLR training course. A Dublin Bay Cruise for two people. €200 voucher for Aqua restaurant, Howth. Winning image will be featured on Dublin Port Company website, social media channels and in Dublin Port Company Year Book 2018
Runner up No. 1: 1 night stay for two in the Gibson Hotel. A €150 gift voucher for Bord Gáis Energy Theatre
Runner up No. 2: A family ticket for 4 people to Epic Ireland. A €150 Voucher for Cill Airne (The Boat)
- All prizes must be taken as offered. Prizes are subject to availability with no cash alternative and are non-transferable and non-refundable. Prize winner(s) cannot change, vary, substitute or extend any element of a prize (in whole or in part) and must claim the prize by 1st of December of the competition year.
- Each entrant hereby grants a non-exclusive licence in all media in perpetuity to reproduce and communicate the photo for the purpose of promoting the Competition, Dublin Port Company and future Competitions. Entrants consent to their name being published in association with the competition website and in the announcement and publicity of finalists and winners.
- Prizes will be awarded at a date to be announced.
- The person submitting the entry warrants to Dublin Port Company and affiliate companies that each photo is an original artistic work of the named entrant.
- The Organiser’s administration of the rules will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Dublin Port Company Social Media Competition rules also apply: http://www.dublinport.ie/competition-tcs/
Social Media Competitions
Dublin Port Company competitions are open to all persons over the age of 18 years who are residents of Ireland. The contest shall only be construed and evaluated according to Irish law. Only one submission per person will be counted. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. Dublin Port Company retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content.
Entry to competitions constitutes your acceptance of these official terms & conditions. By entering, participants agree to have their submitted name, Facebook user ID displayed on the Dublin Port Company Facebook channel (Newsfeed, Timeline) for the purposes of the contest, without any fee or other form of compensation.
Winner notification: The Winner will be notified directly through a reply to the comment/entry left on the conversation thread about the contest on the Dublin Port Company Facebook page. Prizes are limited to one (1) per person. If Sponsor is unable to contact a chosen winner within seven (7) days, if all required information required of the winner are not submitted within the specified time period or if the prize is returned to the Sponsor as undeliverable, or if the winner has not complied with the Official Terms & Conditions document, the prize will be forfeited and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Should a winner make any false statement(s) in any document referenced above, the winner will be required to promptly return his prize to the Sponsor.
Transfer of rights of pictures, videos, texts; User generated content:
a) By submitting your comments, pictures or videos, the entrant confers the irrevocable right of usage of these assets to Dublin Port Company, to publish it unlimited in terms of time and content on social media, to use and if necessary, edit the material for the purpose of publication. Editing of texts is also permitted as long as the content of the message is not falsified.
b) By submitting pictures, you declare to transfer all the necessary rights on the material you have submitted to Dublin Port company.
c) In this respect, we point out explicitly that the publishing of pictures within the purview of the Copyright Act on a website. Such publication is only granted therefore, if you have the copyright of the photograph or the author has granted you the appropriate rights. You agree therefore to only send those images you have all the necessary rights for this purpose. Their use and / or content must not violate legal regulations or rights of third parties.
d) If claims made against Dublin Port Company by a third party for an alleged violation of property rights because of your photos / submissions, we have the right to delete them immediately. In addition, you are in such a case obliged to indemnify Dublin Port Company upon first written demand from these claims. Dublin Port Company is not entitled to make any agreements with third parties without the entrant’s consent, in particular to conclude a settlement.
Prizes: Prizes are non-transferable or substitutable by winner and are not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by Sponsor, except for the standard manufacturer’s warranty which comes with the prizes. Winners will receive prizes or prize confirmation within thirty (30) days of winner verification. Upon delivery to the winner’s address, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the winner with winner assuming full responsibility for the prize. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.