The principal activities of Dublin Port Company (DPC) are to facilitate the efficient flow of goods and passengers through the port. Dublin Port Company provides the infrastructure, facilities and hard standing areas to meet with the needs of their customers and to allow the transfer of goods and passengers between sea and land.
"It is our policy to manage our obligations to the environment in a responsible manner and to take a sustainable approach to developing the port's business"
As part of this policy we aim to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and Best Environmental Management Practices in line with membership of ISO14001 Certification and PERS Certification
- Having regard to DPC's commitment to the concept of Corporate Social Responsibility, work shall continue in developing and building partnerships with Dublin City Council, Regulators, non-Governmental Organisations and local residents groups
- Promote best practice on environmental issues in the planning, design and implementation of projects in consultation with our tenants, customers and wider stakeholders
- DPC recognises the sensitivity of its location in close proximity to designated conservation sites and the corresponding significant aspects and impacts of Port Operations. DPC will ensure a continued positive focus on nature conservation.
- Follow best environmental practice in regard to our own activities, ensuring that pollution prevention is a major consideration in all operational activities.
- Having regard to protecting DPC's assets, work shall continue with both DPC staff and Port tenants in improving mangement of the potential environmental consequences of Port activities.
- Seek to minimise significant environmental impacts of our activities especially in the areas of waste generation, pollution control and energy usage through the progressive development of environmental management procedures as determined by our business needs
- Establishing objectives and measurable targets against which improvements in environmental performance will be monitored.
- Raise staff awareness of the environmental issues and the environmental effects of DPC's activities through communication and training.
- Review annually our environmental policy and consider the need for any amendments in the light of changing cirumstances.
- Make the environmental policy available to our stakeholders and the public.
- Build on the environmental standards we have achieved through a process of continuous improvement in environmental performance.
Signed: Eamonn O'Reilly Chief Executive 22.04.2013
View Environmental Policy Document